Friday, October 28, 2011

On Defeat

18 months. That is how long we've been doing this, tomorrow. I've read that I would know when I couldn't take it anymore. And up until a couple days ago I couldn't imagine getting to that point, giving up. It felt selfish, short-sighted etc....

I don't know what changed. Nothing monumental. I'm tired of feeling like a failure. I'm tired of being disappointed, of feeling estranged from everyone because they don't understand what we're going through. I'm tired of not having money to pay bills because I spent it all on treatment. I'm tired of the emotional rollercoaster.

Two more cycles or the end of the year, whichever comes first and then I'm done. At least till we can afford IVF or to adopt.

I hate feeling like a quitter.

Until next time,

G

1 comment:

  1. Just read your comment regarding my Bender costume instructions. Thank you! That really made my day. Wouldn't mind seeing photos posted when it's done. Hope things go well with your brother.

    ReplyDelete